[mythtv-users] Video card w/ TV out recommendations

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 13:46:50 UTC 2006

On 9/28/06, Philip Isaacs <pisaacs at wesleyan.edu> wrote:
> This looks like a good choice. Thanks for the feedback.
> Phil
> Dan Wilga wrote:
> > At 11:23 AM -0400 9/27/06, Philip Isaacs wrote:
> >
> >> Yeah, I have seen a bunch of postings for the 5200fx. Are there any
> >> brands that your recommend,
> >> or will any version from New Egg due. Also, is there a recommended
> >> amount of memory?
> >>

> > If you are ever going to go to HD, you might want to "future proof"
> > your purchase now. I bought an MSI card that has both S-Video and DVI
> > outputs for this reason:
> >
> > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127181

I'd suggest going with a 6200 card for "future proofing HD", the
5200's don't support dual-link, which is an advantage with 1080p, and
since 1080p will eventually be the minimum for HD tv's soon
(everything is heading that way)...

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -