[mythtv-users] How much horespower for frontend?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Sep 28 11:14:05 UTC 2006

> I've been loosely following this, not reading all the details, so
> forgive me if I'm repeating or stating the obvious...
>
> Have you checked your BIOS settings to make sure access to these IDE
> devices is UDMA mode, not PIO?  Are the IDE cables you're using the
> older 40-wire style or the newer 80-wire?    See
> http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/ide/confCable80-c.html for info on
> the difference.

Two of the drives are use 80-wire, two are 40-wire. I'm going to leave
it like this temporarily to see if I can get to point where there's a
big difference. Checked the BIOS. I see no place to even change the mode
the devices are in. I'll see if there's an updated firmware for the
BIOS.

This is a K7SOM+ mobo with a SiS chipset. Current BIOS date is
01/20/2003.

James