[mythtv-users] MythTv Player 0.1a for windows

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 16:57:46 UTC 2006

On 9/26/06, Ross Campbell <ross.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Personally, I'd be more interested in someone getting the frontend
> itself
> > working on windows, and not a separate player app.. =)
>
> I'd _almost_ be satisfied if MythWeb had a javascript-based video
> player integrated into the "recordings" screen to play back in a
> browser - presumably testing bandwidth and only streaming video at a
> rate the link can support (like google video, youtube, etc.)

Another post in this thread pointed out that something like this is in
development.  But, how about the reverse problem.  I want to play Google
Video or YouTube videos through my MythTV system.  Ideally, it would be nice
if there were an option to add URLs to the video manager and then have
MythTV play them on demand.

Normally, I would download funny shorts (e.g. Lazy Sunday) to my media
center but this is becoming increasingly difficult with these services
(since they want you to view it on their site).

I imagine the best solution for now is to user the MythBrowser and bookmark
those pages (assuming you have Flash installed on your media center).  I
never checked whether that would work but frankly I find MythBrowser pretty
awkward.

-Ross

--
Mike