[mythtv-users] Newbie - General question

Chris Martin council.tax at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 12:36:21 UTC 2006

> One thing I'm not sure about is do I need a PVR card to do any recording or
> can I just use a DVB-T card and MythTV then does the recording from that?
> Also do I need to split the antenna cable two ways to go to two cards or can
> the cards communicate with each other?

A DVB card will be fine so long as you have no pressing desire to
caputre analogue signals from either over the iar or from a cable or
satellite box.  In fact keeping your system DVB only, simplifies
things a lot.

The one piece of advice I'd give you is that you'll save a lot of time
and heartache if you buy components that you know work with a) Linux
and b) Mythtv (i.e. find people on the mailing list who've had
positive experiences with them).  Particularly important is the method
of display, as getting a TV picture to look good once it's passed
through a computer is not as easy as it appears.

Chris