[mythtv-users] downscale HDTV from component to s-video?

Daniel Walton dwalton at cisco.com
Wed Sep 27 05:46:02 UTC 2006

I think the answer to my question is "such a beast does not exist" but I'll ask
it anyway.

Does anyone know of a magic little box that will accept HDTV via component video
and downscale it to an outbound s-video port?  I'm trying to find a way to get a
downscaled ESPNHD feed into my mythtv box since that should be a much cleaner
source than recording analog cable.  TWC said they disable the s-video output
for HD channels on their scientific atlanta 3250HD so that rules that out.

Daniel