[mythtv-users] How much horespower for frontend?

Jason fearthepenguin at jasonandjessi.com
Tue Sep 26 20:00:44 UTC 2006

Ahh,  DMA looks to be the issue.   You dont seemt to have your IDE
chipset compiled into the kernel so it can't set the "use dma" features.
Without DMA, a box will be so sluggish as to almost be unusable when you
really start to hit the disk and will be just unacceptable the remainder
of the time. Do an lspci to get your chipset, then compile that support
into your kernel. That should help yuo a LOT.

--
Jason
The place where you made your stand never mattered,