[mythtv-users] removing plugins

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 26 18:23:57 UTC 2006

On 09/26/06 11:12, Derek Meek wrote:

>Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>>I did not use any packages, I just followed someone else's help for
>>>compiling. Something I tried was, finding and renaming the module
>>>names, but it did not work for me. May be I should have changed the
>>>parameters while I was compiling.
>>>
>>>Thanks for your answer, but I think it is a mythtv question :), at
>>>least the plugin sources distributed on the Mythtv web site and used
>>>inside the Mythtv
>>>
>>If you compile yourself, you should specify "--disable-<pluginname>" as
>>directed by "./configure --help" to prevent compilation/installation of
>>plugins you don't want.
>>
>he's asking how to uninstall them since he forgot to do that

I realize that, but figured he'll figure out a way to "make "(it)
"uninstall" the plugins the same way someone who's compiling any package
on their own would.  Since the "./configure --disable-<pluginname>" is
the only part that's vaguely Myth-specific--although it uses the
standard syntax, knowing what to specify after disable is helpful--I
mentioned it because he'll need to know how to compile only the plugins
he wants so he can "make "(it) "install" them.  I don't want to
recommend any way of removing the plugins because I don't want to be
blamed if something goes wrong.

Heh.  Funny message if you ignore everything that's not in quotes...
Humorously descriptive message if you ignore everything in parens.

Mike