[mythtv-users] mytharchive DVD has no visible menu selection/'cursor'

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 15:24:44 UTC 2006

>    It would have had to have been *very* old.  The last dvdauthor was
> 0.6.11
> back in Feb. 2005.  Is there a secret newer one?
>
>    I 'fixed' my problem [elsewhere in thread] by downgrading mjpegtools
> from
> ATrpm's one to FreshRPM's.  Have yet to investigate further.

I still have this problem using dvdauthor 0.6.11 and mjpegtools 1.8.0 from
freshrpms. I'm still confused about where the problem is.

As I said in a previous post, the DVDs I make seem to work fine when played
with xine but not when played with the Internal player. I had a similar
problem a few months ago with the 0.19 internal DVD player, where a DVD I
bought from a shop (the QI Interactive Quiz DVD) did not show menu
selections. The QI DVD now works with MythTV's internal player, but
mytharchive dvd's don't.

Could it be a problem with the internal player rather than mytharchive?

Jonny