[mythtv-users] How much horespower for frontend?

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 15:18:26 UTC 2006

Considering that one of my frontends was an xBox with
a PIII 733 and 128MB RAM and another was a Celeron
533, neither with MPEG 2 acceleration,  I'm quite sure
that your CPU isn't the bottleneck as long as you're
only doing 640x480.

My Athlon 1.4 can play 2 instances of mythfrontend,
again without any MPEG 2 acceleration, without any
problems.  I did this once by accident and it was
amusing for a couple of minutes.  The CPU was up
around 90% during this time.

|Ben Dash                                           |
|Ask free questions - http://bensqanda.blogspot.com |
|My Blog -    http://bensdailythoughts.blogspot.com |
|Info -  http://bensinformationstation.blogspot.com |
|Workouts -        http://bensworkouts.blogspot.com |