[mythtv-users] Custom recording syntax

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 13:59:10 UTC 2006

> I can't guarantee I'm right here but it would make more sense to use the
> parens like this:
>
> program.title = "college football"
> and ( program.subtitle like "alabama at %"
> or program.subtitle like "% at alabama" )
>
> It looks like Myth is interpreting your original custom recording as well as
> your second one like this:
>
> ( program.title = "college football"
> and program.subtitle like "alabama at %" )
> or program.subtitle like "% at alabama"
>
> which makes sense to tell you the truth.
>
> Fred

You are correct.  No sooner did I hit send than I realized that I had
my parenthesis in the wrong place.  The query was doing exactly as I
told it to, which was to find something with a title = "college
football" and subtitle like "alabama at %" OR subtitle like "% at
alabama".

Changing the query to:

program.title = "college football"
and (program.subtitle like "alabama at %"
or program.subtitle like "% at alabama")

did the trick.  Thanks for the response.