[mythtv-users] Can't playback using 1080i TV-Out

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Tue Sep 26 08:38:53 UTC 2006

Justin The Cynical wrote:
> Henry A Harper III wrote:
>
>> In your nvidia-settings X Server XVideo settings tab, are both of the "sync
>> to vblank" boxes UN-checked? This was the key for me - I am using 1080i
>> TV-out on a 7600GS w/8774 & XvMC to a 48" RPTV (WS-48311).
>

> And that did it.  Thank you for the tip!

And now I know why I turned those on...  At least at the current
resolution, I'm noticing tearing when watching HD programs.

*sigh*

I guess I'll have to live with it for now and see what it looks like at
the full resolution, when I get the set.

(No Westinghouse for me, wife vetoed the lack of built in tuners.  Back
to researching I go.)