[mythtv-users] Text rendering is cropped

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 26 07:56:31 UTC 2006

On 09/26/06 01:04, Jeff Bevis wrote:

>I have noticed that text is rendered in a slightly cut-off manner (in
>the program guide boxes, for example) - as if it is rendering a bit too
>large, then getting clipped.  In the main menu I notice that the letter
>"g" has its decender amputated in every occurrence.  I suspect a DPI
>spec problem somewhere, but I have set up the X server config for 100dpi
>per what I have read about the subject (that 100dpi is the "target" DPI
>for myth).  Anyone else got this problem or (more importantly) fixed it
>in the past?

You're using the wrong font because the font specified by the theme
you've chosen doesn't exist on your system so X windows substitutes
another "close" match (where X's definition of close seems to be
measured on a galactic scale).  So, either:

a) install the font
b) change themes
c) edit the theme you have to use a different font and correct all the
sizing/spacing issues to work with the new font

Obviously, option c will be the most work (and, IMHO, is not worth the
effort when a and b are easy changes).

Mike