[mythtv-users] Quote from friend upon first seeing MythTV today...

William Munson wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Sep 26 02:15:28 UTC 2006

Simon Dyson wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
>
>> after seeing the commerical detection... "You guys should be in every
>> major city!"
>>
>> thought that was classic.
>> back to sunday night TV...
>>

> Am I the only one that doesn't get much success from the commercial
> detection? It very rarely gets it correct. Maybe I've not chosen the
> right settings.

Commercial detection works quite well for the mainstream USA broadcast
and cable stations however depending on where you live, it may not work
at all. I use the meta mode ALL for commercial detection with strict
enabled.  It will sometimes miss a commercial that is aired by the same
source as the programming but it rarely screws up on when the show
starts again. I trust it enough to set the tv to auto-skip.