[mythtv-users] zap2it schedule change question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 25 23:44:46 UTC 2006

On 09/25/06 13:48, Steven Adeff wrote:

>On 9/25/06, jack snodgrass <mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>According to my tivo and zap2it.com the
>>MythTV has been updated with the latest data from zap2it but the schedule change
>>has not happened.
>>
>>The programs database entry has "Happy Hour" listed during that time slot.
>>
>>Should myth update the schedule with the new, replacement schedule.
>>

>--refresh-today
>--refresh-second
>--refresh-all
>
>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mythfilldatabase

But, _please_ don't use these unless you have to (i.e. you downloaded
data when your timezone was set incorrectly and have since fixed your
timezone) as they put an unnecessary strain on the DataDirect servers.
Instead, let Myth do it's job (and trust that it will).  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/226716#226716 and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/226717#226717 .

If anyone puts these options in their mythfilldatabase args or in the
cron job they're using to run mythfilldatabase, they should have their
MythTV (or at least their DataDirect/other grabber) privileges
revoked...  :)

Mike