[mythtv-users] MB hunt continues....help please

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 19:54:49 UTC 2006

On 9/25/06, RH <pvr at bostonmacosx.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Maybe I'm not asking the right questions...
>
> I'm looking for a 939 motherboard with onboard S/PDIF and S-Video.
> 4 PCI slots too would be nice.
>
> Thanks
> Robert

Don't know.... I've tried a couple of different ABIT 939 motherboards with
onboard audio and alsa recognized them but playing 5.1 surround
sound ( ALSA:surround51 ) just KILLED the sound.. choppy as all
get-out. I have to use my SoundBlaster Audigy card to play sound.
I'm thinking of trying a Asus A8N-VM CSM board... it looks
promising. Don't know about S/PDIF. I may get that ASUS board
tonight and try it out.  - It only has 2 PCI slots though. If the
gigabit ethernet does JUMBO Frames and the sound card works...
I can live with 2 PCI slots.

jack