[mythtv-users] Mythweb not loading on Ubuntu

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 23:00:46 UTC 2006

We can probably kill two birds with one stone here.

Do a...

ls -l /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/

When comes back?  It should give a list of all the modules that apache is
using.  I'm guessing that php5 is not being loaded over here.  If it is not,
make sure that it exists in this directory first...

ls -l /etc/apache2/mods-available/

Then, create a symbolic link...

ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.load
ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.conf
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.conf

Then reload apache...
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Give it a whirl and it should (hopefully) work.

I just rebuilt Myth .20 on Dapper and haven't had many problems with it.
Good luck!!!

Mike

On 9/24/06, Austin Roberts <mythtv at ausiv.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been running MythTV on Ubuntu since about June. A couple weeks ago, I
> crashed my system, so I've been reinstalling everything from scratch, using
> MythTV .20.
>
> The Frontend is working reasonably well with a few bugs to get past, but
> Mythweb has several problems. First, when I go to http://localhost/mythweb,
> I get a listing of all the files in that directory, rather than seeing the
> Mythweb page. I'm assuming this is because of a problem with mod_rewrite,
> however I have copied rewrite.load from /etc/apache2/mods-available/ to
> /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/ which is the way Ubuntu generally enables mods,
> so I'm not sure why this is still happening.
>
> When I click on mythweb.php, I get an error saying that the database
> environment variables are not correctly set in the included .htaccess file.
> I've checked .htaccess and the db_* environment variables are set correctly,
> leaving me to assume that there is a problem with mod_env, however when I
> run apache2 -l, mod_env.c appears on the list of compiled in modules. Can it
> be compiled in and not enabled? If there's a chance it's compiled in but not
> enabled, how would I enable it. If it's enabled simply by being compiled in,
> is there any idea what my problem is?
>
> Lastly, can anyone tell me how to get a listing of enabled (and running)
> modules? apache2 -l tells me the compiled in modules, but what about a
> listing?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Austin

View my blog!