[mythtv-users] MythTv Player 0.1a for windows

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Sun Sep 24 21:13:48 UTC 2006

Tom Lichti wrote:
> Mikkel Stensgaard wrote:
>
>> Hi fellow MythTv users
>>

>> I would like to get some feedback
>> - First of all...Is it worth my time? Does anybody wants a mythtvplayer
>> for windows, or do you just want to play from a samba-share or dsmyth?
>> - Is it stable? bugs? .. please let me know if you find any bugs.
>> - Does it work on version 0.20?
>> - Are there any other features that would be nice?
>> - Which features are most important?
>>

> I can't use it as it is looking for protocol 26, I have 30 (current SVN)
> and it doesn't work even if I specify 'AllowNewerProtocol' in the config
> file. I do think it's worthwhile though, and would like to see it work.
>
> Tom

Same problem on .20. If I tell it to allow newer protocols it doesn't
seem to work. I think its worthwhile to make something like this though.
I've often wondered why somebody didn't just build a VLC plugin for
streaming mythtv though. Then you could spend all the time in the world
on the myth part and not worry about the video player so much. But I'd
be happy to use 'anything' that worked and since nothing works right,
I'll take anything that can talk to myth.

-Mike