[mythtv-users] Upgrade to .20, lirc stops working
stanlist at cox.net
Sun Sep 24 17:12:29 UTC 2006
> -----Original Message-----
> From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
> [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Trey Thompson
> Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 9:27 PM
> To: Discussion about mythtv
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Upgrade to .20, lirc stops working
> Have you tried removing lirc and all it's components via yum? Then
> > OK, this was a wholesale upgrade, including adding smp (a new Athlon
> > X2). Worked great at .19 a few weeks ago, then had some issues so I
> > it shut down for a while. Fired it up and upgraded this weekend and
> > everything seems to be working except lirc. I don't think I changed
> > anything from what was working before, but there is no response to
> > remote commands. I'm using the Hauppage 350 ir connection, which has
> > generally always worked in the past. Upgrades all done using yum.
> > Checked
> > 1. Physical connection. It's plugged into the Hauppage jack in the
> > 2. Module is loaded.
> > 3. /etc/lircd.conf and /home/myth/.mythtv/lircrc exist and remain
> > unchanged as near as i can tell. They still have the correct remote
> > in them anyway.
> > 4. lircd is running and /dev/lirc has the correct permissions.
> > 5. dmesg shows the ivtv driver loaded, and shows the lirc module
> > No errors reported. Same in /var/log/messages.
> > 6. irw starts and sits there like its supposed to, waiting
> for input.
> > The big changes here are myth .20, latest smp kernel for
> FC4, and ivtv
> > .7 (not sure what it was before, but it was much older). Is it not
> > lirc_i2c anymore? Is there something else I have to load? I've been
> > to the ivtv site, but can't find anything specific. A quick
> search of
> > this forum isn't turning anything up that seems to relate to my
> > scenario. Any thoughts or helpful advice. I've fought with lirc
> > and always won. This time, I'm stumped. Thanks.
> > -Pete
> > _______________________________________________
> > mythtv-users mailing list
> > mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> > http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
I fixed my lirc problem by fixing the end of line characters in my lircrc
I keep the "hither and yon" type files for myth all together in an archive
on a windows machine. The lircrc file for my Hauppauge PVR350 is one of
those files. I don't know what did it (samba, or maybe I edited the files
in windows with something), but the end of line characters in my lircrc file
were changed from the original unix LF to windows CRLF.
The CRLF characters were apparently not acceptable to whatever was reading
the lircrc file. The fix was to run dos2unix on the lircrc file.
More information about the mythtv-users