[mythtv-users] Problems with Mythfrontend on Intel Mac

Randall Blecher randallb at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 16:51:24 UTC 2006

On 9/24/06, Jason Werpy <jwwerpy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've tried the binary release of it and when I go to watch a recording I
> get really garbled playback.  Bad colors, multiple images, really weird
> looking.

It sounds like you might be experiencing the same garbled playback problem I
did when I upgraded my Macbook's frontend to 0.20.

Read the comments here:
http://collectivity.goof.com/articles/2006/09/18/mythfrontend-0-20-mac-os-x-intel

The solution in my comment on that page is probably overkill, so try the
other ones first, which suggest enabling the vector optimized colorspace
option.

You also might want to try using that pre-compiled binary (not sure if
that's the one you tried), which has been working pretty well for me.

Hope this helps.

Randall