[mythtv-users] Nvidia Beta and Mythtv?

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Sun Sep 24 15:35:41 UTC 2006

Jurgen Kramer wrote:
> Have anyone tried the new Nvidia Beta driver (ver 96.25) with Mythtv
> yet? I am curious to know if it will fix my XvMC problems on my 6150 but
> really do not want to risk breaking mythtv. I am currently running it on
> my main FC5 system (6800GS) without problems so far.
>
> Jurgen

You did not indicate which version of MythTV you are running. I am
running MythTV 0.19-fixes.

My backend is running FC4 and my ASUS-VM CSM based frontend is running
MiniMyth 0.19-19b6. MiniMyth uses 8178 by default, but can be compiled
with 8774 or 9625 as well.

I tried 9625 on my frontend. XvMC worked fine in MythTV, but then MythTV
with XvMC works with 8774 as well. However, I have problems with XvMC in
Xine just as with 8774. In short, it did not fix anything for me, but it
did not make anything worse.