[mythtv-users] status of Myth + KDE?

Tim Coughlin tim at doze.net
Sun Sep 24 06:28:57 UTC 2006

Matthias Thyroff wrote:
> Am Sat, 23 Sep 2006 08:56:13 -0700 schrieb Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com>:
>> OOPS!  You're absolutely right.  I'm using Knopp-myth for the front
>> ends.  Sounds like I may want to change that to ubuntu....  Or is the
>> more recent knopp-myth more KDE friendly?
> Knoppmyth is based on Knoppix; as far as I know you can install knoppix
> to the harddisk and use apt to install packages from debian
> repositories. There should be a repository for kde packages for debian,
> and also a repository with myth for debian. If they all work
> together nicely with knoppmyth, I don't know - you'll have to try. How
> have you been installing?
> If you have problems with that combination - I can recommend kubuntu
> with the packages from Mario Limonciello
> (http://home.eng.iastate.edu/~superm1 dapper main).
> But there are other distros which probably will work just as well. It's
> your choice!
> Good luck!
> 	Matthias
Actually (if memory serves), knoppmyth is currently built from Debian
(unstable). You might want to ask this question in the knoppmyth forum
located at http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/. Also, check out
http://knoppmythwiki.org/ which has all sorts of goodies. As someone
else in this thread said, you may want to check out Jarod Wilson's guide
for Fedora Core installs. Just my two cents...