[mythtv-users] Dual tuner mini-itx system

Owen Berry owen.berry at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 00:55:26 UTC 2006

I'm wanting to build a dual tuner mini-itx mythtv system. It'll be
both backend and frontend. Below are the basics of what I'm thinking -
this is my first myth system - anyone care to share their wisdom.

Via Epia M10000 C3 Nehemia
512 MB DDR RAM
Hauppage PVR-500

I don't need high def - standard will be just fine for now. Does this
sound reasonable? I need to be able to record two things at once, or
watch 1 "live" while recording another. Feasible with this lower power
CPU? I'm hoping the onboard decoder on the motherboard combined with
the encoders on the Hauppage would be able to carry most of the load.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. TIA!

Owen