[mythtv-users] Current thinking on my BOX.....Suggestion?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 19:48:10 UTC 2006

On 9/23/06, RH <pvr at bostonmacosx.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Here is what I'm thinking about my first MythTV box.
> Antec NSK 2400  $80.00
> PVR 250 $120
> ASUS A8N-VM CSM 76.99(Add on of SVideo and OPtical Audio Out)
> 250GB HD 69.00
> RAM 512MB 49.99
> Pioneer/Sony DVD Player/Rec $30
> What processor should I ad onto this.  And is this a good configuration?

If your going to want to do HDTV in the future then "as fast as
affordable". I'd recommend nothing slower than an Athlon64 3200+.
Otherwise, it shouldn't matter, SD doesn't require much CPU any of the
new Athlon64 or 64bit Semprons or any P4/Core will be fine.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -