[mythtv-users] Adding a 3rd tuner card

Matthias Thyroff lists at Thyroff.net
Sat Sep 23 17:08:22 UTC 2006

Am Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:01:12 -0700
schrieb "Tony Di Bona" <dibona at gmail.com>:

> Hi Group:
>
> I have two tuner cards in my 0.19 MytvTV system (PVR-250 and
> PVR-150MCE) which are both working great. I would like to add one
> more without losing any of my recordings etc.
>
> As best as I can tell I simply add the card and run mythtv-setup so
> as to add the capture card.
>
> If you have tried this please confirm it is this simply, and please
> let me know if there are any problems I should anticipate.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Tony.

You might anticipate problems with kernel memory (don't blame me if the
wording is not correct).

Check
cat /proc/meminfo
there the lines VmallocTotal and VmallocUsed.
If the difference is small, or if after installing the third tuner
you have stability problems in your backend, then use "vmalloc=192m" as
a boot parameter for your kernel (edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and
reboot or edit it in the grub menu).