[mythtv-users] LVM2 Striping Suggestions...

Andy Speagle sidrew at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 16:48:19 UTC 2006

I understand completely what you're saying... I actually took your advice
and placed an order for a PVR-500... I've been looking at doing this project
so long that I didn't even know they came OUT with a dual-tuner card... it's
awesome.  So... Unless I send one of the 2 PVR-350's back... I'll have the
option of recording four streams at once... let me get your opinion of how
well this system will function.

Athlon XP 3200+ (2.2GHz)
1 GB PC3200 DDR
2x PVR-350
1x PVR-500
2x 250GB WD 7200RPM 8MB ATA-100 Drives
1x ATA DVD+/-RW Drive
1x Ensoniq PCI Audio

I'm curious what your suggestions would be for setting up storage on this
box... or if you think it would even be capable of recording four streams...
or recording three while watching a fourth... (and potentially even remote
front-ends)...

I think I'm going to employ a third ATA-100/133 HD to setup the system
partitions ... and use the two 250GB drive for media storage...

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Andy