[mythtv-users] finding out if opengl vsync is enabled & refresh rate for bob deint

Chris Martin council.tax at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 08:52:07 UTC 2006

On 9/22/06, Thomas Börkel <thomas at boerkel.de> wrote:
> HI!
>
> Chris Martin wrote:
>
> > What's the best way to find out if Myth is using the opengl vsync for
> > timings.  I've checked the appropriate box under tv setup and get the
> > following when I go to live tv.
> >
> > Video timing method: DRM
> >
> > The only thing is that  this appears if the opengl vsync box is ticked
> > or not.  Does this imply that everything is working smoothly?
>
> Do you have an ATI video card? I have one in my laptop and it uses DRM,
> too.  Which driver are you using? The open source ATI driver can not do
> opengl.

I do indeed have an Ati card (a Radeon 9100IGP to be precise).  I use
the open source drivers but I thought I had OpenGL support.  Glxinfo
reports direct rendering is on, glxgears shows 800fps and I get opengl
menu transitions in Myth ok.  Or is this unrelated to openGl vsync?

> > What is the minimum refresh rate needed to do bob deint on a PAL
>
> 50 Hz non-interlaced.

That would make sense.  Would it e possible to run this at half the
PAL resolution?  I suspect things would look quite bad though.

Chris