[mythtv-users] Need MPEG recorder, but compiled without MPEG support! (gentoo 0.20_p11244)

roger roger at eskimo.com
Sat Sep 23 05:42:26 UTC 2006

I'm seeing similar here with gentoo as well.  (I just stumbled across
this after an upgrade to mythtv-0.20 and using show "all" debug through
the mythbackend.)

Is this possible caused by use flags not being used?

To determine, I need to know the configure switch used to enable this
option.

But after enabling everything except ivtv, ivtv might be the package
required to enable this compile time option.

I still have to look at the mythtv-0.20.ebuild to see what the ivtv
enables.

To be blunt, I haven't really seen any configure flag/switch
specifically geared to enabling mpeg recording!  So this might be a bug
w/ mythtv specifically.

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html