[mythtv-users] Firewire Problems, was working

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 22:10:42 EDT 2006

On 9/22/06, Jim Westfall <jwestfall at surrealistic.net> wrote:

> Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote [09.22.06]:
> > Okay I got it compiled and I ran the command like you recommended and
> also
> > two other ways. Node 0 works but Node 1 is hit or miss. I can unplug it
> and
> > plug it back in but node 0 stops working. If I replug node 0 then both
> > worked for 20 seconds and node 1 stopped working. I do have mythbackend
> > running but I am not using the firewire ports. Any ideas? I didn't run
> > mythbackend with the output because I haven't set backup the second
> firewire
> > port since running your tool shows it is not working. Let me know what
> you
> > think.
>
> hrm, any chance I can get access to your backend to poke around?
>

> > sh-3.00$ ./firewire_tester -p -n 0 -v
> > Testing P2P connection, node 0, channel 0
> > p2p: success, 530 packets received
> >
> > sh-3.00$ ./firewire_tester -p -n 1 -v
> > Testing P2P connection, node 1, channel 1
> > p2p: failed
> >
> > sh-3.00$ ./firewire_tester -p -n 0 -r 5
> > invalid command line
> > Actions: (one is required)
> >    -b          - test broadcast connection
> >    -p          - test p2p connection
> >    -B          - attempt to fix/stabilize broadcast connection
> >    -n <node>   - required
> >    -P <port>   - default 0
> >    -v          - verbose
> > Testing P2P connection, node 0, channel 0
> > p2p: success, 181 packets received
>
> where did you get this version? The -r option was added before 0.20 came
> out.
>
> jim

Sure, I can get you on the box. It will have to be in about an hour or we
can do it in the morning whichever works best for you. I am taping the last
show for the night right now. Will ssh access work for you or do you want
vnc? If so email me off the list and we can work it out. I got the
firewire_tester that you sent in this thread on the 20th.

Allan
Allan