[mythtv-users] How do I find out why a program didn't record?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Sep 22 21:14:40 UTC 2006

Trey Thompson wrote:
> I checked /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log, and there are no entries near
> 8:00 last night (show started at 8:00).

The "Previously Recorded" page in 0.20 lists everything that
was in the scheduler's reclist and the last known status after
the scheduled time passed. This would show you if it was a
repeat, conflict, max episodes, disk full or whatever.

However, if it isn't there, it may be because the show was not
in the TV listings at all. The program data isn't deleted until
24-48 hours later by mythfilldatabase. Therefore, if this was
last night, go to the EPG and scroll back to see if the station
even showed the program you were expecting.

--  bjm