[mythtv-users] finding out if opengl vsync is enabled & refresh rate for bob deint

Chris Martin council.tax at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 11:49:26 UTC 2006

Hello everybody,

What's the best way to find out if Myth is using the opengl vsync for
timings.  I've checked the appropriate box under tv setup and get the
following when I go to live tv.

Video timing method: DRM

The only thing is that  this appears if the opengl vsync box is ticked
or not.  Does this imply that everything is working smoothly?

One other question is regarding bob deint.  I have the tv connected to
the computer via a vga-scart lead.  With no deinterlacing I get lots
of horrible interlacing artifacts (even though i am sending the tv a
proper 50Hz intelaced signal).  With Kernel deinterlacing turned on I
get motion artifacts but not interlacing artifacts.  These artifacts
are similar to those I saw when I used to use my svideo out in which
case bob deint fixed them perfectly.  If I turn bob deint on, however
I get the following from Mythfrontend:

Video sync method can't support double framerate (refresh rate too low
for bob deint)

What is the minimum refresh rate needed to do bob deint on a PAL
signal? and is it possible to use such a refresh rate with a VGA to
Scart cable

many thanks,

Chris