[mythtv-users] MySql Problems

scott at tbwifi.ca scott at tbwifi.ca
Fri Sep 22 05:02:28 UTC 2006

I am using Mandrake 10.6 and trying to install 0.20.  I am trying to
configure mysql using:
$ mysql -u root -p < mc.sql
with the appropriate password
originally I had problems connecting and had to reset the mysql root
password.   Now when I try the above after about 30s or so I get
ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server during query
and when I try to connect to mysql now:
$ mysql -u root -p****
I get:
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local  MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

One thing to note is that I had QTDIR issues on the first compile of myth.
 Before I realized that things didn't compile correctly I went on to set
the mysql root password.  Then I set the PATH and QTDIR and did the
recompile.  After that I tried to configure MySQL and have had nothing but
grief.

Please help this newbee!  Thx Scott