[mythtv-users] CPU usage increase with 0.20 and PVR-350 playback

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Thu Sep 21 17:02:00 UTC 2006

Jason Surprise wrote:
> I'm noticing mythfrontend cpu usage of 50% or more when playing back
> recorded content through the PVR-350.  Previously I used to see < 1%
> since it's all hardware decoding.  Is this a bug?
> Thanks
> Jason

I doubt it.  I have a 350 and didn't notice this when I did the upgrade.
 But I did have problems with the devices defined in the database.  I
ended up having to go into mythtvsetup and delete not only my cards but
the zap2it source, as well.  Once I did that, even channel changing
oddly enough improved.  That being said, I chose not to use the 350
decoder since it somewhat limits what you can do otherwise.  Go into the
'setup' area and make sure the configuration is set to use the hardware
decoder if that's what you want to do.