[mythtv-users] Does anyone have this video card?

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 13:29:13 UTC 2006

> I've had a MythTV set-up for a month now and the PVR-350 sounded like it
> would be ideal when I started out. However, due to all 8 reasons listed
> above, I installed an FX5200 yesterday afternoon and now consider it the
> best €40 I've spent on the whole system.
>
> > When I was using the PVR-350 decoder in this way, the quality of the
> > output easily surpassed that of my ATI Radeon card's TV-Out via
> > S-Video.
>
> Yes, I have to agree that the actual picture quality from the PVR-350 is
> very good.
>
> Ian

Yeah, I've read that the 350 TV out support is soon to be a thing of the
past.  I really need a card with video out that looks extremely close to
LIVE TV.  I can do the following with the TV I'll be using,

Coax
Composite
S-Vid
Component (Analog Only)

Was my idea of a card with component out at 480i a bad idea?  Thanks.