[mythtv-users] How to get my Dish TV EPG on Myth TV Guide?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 12:32:56 UTC 2006

On 21/09/06, Ramanraj Vamsi <ramanrajvamsi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I want schedule programs through custom recording but no EPG of the
> available channels  found in guide.
>  So, how can I custom record programs by just giving the name of the
> program.

With no program listings, it is not possible to do this.

>  I tried custom recording but only I can set this by "call sign" only any
> other type for adding a title is failing?!

All you have setup at the moment are your channels. This is why you
can record using callsigns.

>  I tried adding a title or program  name ,but it haven't given any fruitful
> result.The guide is showing an empty table with "unknown " in every row.
>
>  so how should I make my MYTV display the EPG of all the channels available
> on program guide.

To be able to schedule recordings normally by choosing a program
title, you need to either use a suitable XMLTV grabber (which I think
you said does not yet exist for India) or if possible use a DVB card
and have it get it's data "over-the-air" using the EIT listings
grabber.

>  One more thing I am from India and I hadn't written any grabber and that to
> using Dish TV DVB  which is working fine with live TV and scheduling.

I would check to see if you can receive DVB transmissions using a
PCI/USB DVB card for your computer as this could provide access to
listings and also provide better quality recordings than using a
S-Video/composite connection from your DVB set top box.

>  How can I make or give some favorites so that MYTH TV will record that when
> it is on air.

You need program listings...

>  Suggest me!

I would strongly recommend (re)reading the MythTV documentation to get
a better understanding of how MythTV works with program listings in
order to schedule recordings automatically for you.
(http://mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythInstall)

Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/