[mythtv-users] DVB cards always open on 0.20

Babstar debian-list at blueturtles.com
Thu Sep 21 06:32:03 UTC 2006

Phill Edwards wrote:
>>         I have noticed that my mythtv appears to open all my DVB-T cards
>> automatically, despite having set "Open DVB card on demand" set.
>> When I restart the backend after running mythtv-setup the cards remain
>> closed.  However when I start the frontend all three open despite no
>> scheduled recording.  Mythweb status reports the cards are not recording
>> but if I run femon I see FE_HAS_LOCK indicating all three cards are open.
>>     I don't believe I saw this in 0.19  Has anyone else found this?
>>

> Haven't looked - but what problems does it cause?

Phill,
       Its not causing any problems.  Playback *seems* to be less smooth
for me 0.20 compared to 0.19 and I was investigating  this when I
noticed it.   I have an MSI K7T266/ Athlon-XP 1600+ with a VIA chipset.
These seem to have far less PCI bandwidth than other chipsets and I was
wondering if having unnecessary  background tasks would affect  playback
smoothness.

--
Ben