[mythtv-users] Live TV Video Player

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Wed Sep 20 17:36:28 UTC 2006

>    I'm running myth .20 on Ubuntu.  I was wondering if somebody could tell
> me what player myth uses to show live tv?  I know with .19, it would use

 All LiveTV and recordings are playback with the internal myth player and
it's not configurable to change it.

 However mythdvd and mythvideo can be configured to use either the Internal
player or any other player of your choice

> am using the internal one to watch avi's, am I able to choose a "subtitle"
> for the avi, or would I have to use something like mplayer to do this?

 I've never played with external subtitles, but I think I saw something about it being supported. I'm not 100% on that though.