[mythtv-users] BWI Nano ITX diskless Myth Frontend

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Wed Sep 20 17:19:29 UTC 2006

matt lutz wrote:

> That looks promising.  The nano boards have the built-in VT1625 deconder
> too, right?  So if the drivers are working properly it should be able to
> do HD?
>

> On 9/20/06, *Ben Dash* <ben_dash at yahoo.com <mailto:ben_dash at yahoo.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     I was just wondering if anyone has tried one of these
>     eBox III machines as a Nano ITX Myth Frontend, it's
>     the smallest potential frontend that I've seen to
>     date:
>
>     http://www.bwi.com/prod/14801
>
>     You can boot it using PXE and I know that DSL runs
>     fine on the hardware, inclusing audio, so it should
>     all be fine.  The 800mhz should be adequate for non
>     HDTV even without onboard acceleration.
>
>     Thoughts?

Should work fine for non-HD MythTV. It would be better to have 512MB
rather than 256MB, but 256MB should work with most MythTV plugins. It
will be annoying slow for MythMusic visualizations and MythGallery image
scaling. It has the CLE266, so it will not be able to decode HD. The
specs are here: <http://www.compactpc.com.tw/ebox-3800.htm>.