[mythtv-users] suggestions for pci-e nvidia 6xxx for 1080p?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Sep 20 15:34:20 UTC 2006

On Sep 20, 2006, at 9:26 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> Oh.. and I'm using this on a Westinghouse 42" 1080p display and
> running at full 1080p res. Honestly, I don't see a difference between
> 1080i and 1080p.

That might depend on your source material. A lot of it was originally
1080i and was converted to progressive scan, in which case you
probably wouldn't see much difference.

With true 1080p material you should see fewer motion artifacts and an
overall better picture if your equipment can truly present a good
1080p display.

A lot of sources, especially in smaller markets, are just
upconverting SD material and calling it "HD", in which case you get
all of the original problems plus conversion artifacts. This is what
happens when the government mandates a conversion to digital.