[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au_req changing from tv_grab_au help required

Babstar debian-list at blueturtles.com
Tue Sep 19 23:09:32 UTC 2006

Phill Edwards wrote:
>>     Currently I use tv_grab_au (datasource d1.com.au) but I am wanting
>> to switch to tv_grab_au_req.  In addition I am moving from Melbourne to
>> regional NSW.
>>  I have googled but am having a hard time getting coherent  information
>> about exactly how to achieve:
>> 1) The switch to tv_grab_au_req without  breaking my existing database.
>> 2) Moving locations to a new set of DVB channels and again avoid
>> breaking the system.
>>
>> If possible can I set up the switch to tv_grab_au_req to help with
>> moving problem?
>>

> Which one is tv_grab_au_req? Which URL didyou get it from. Also, you
> might like to look at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Australian_TV_Listings on the
> wiki.
>
> Regards,
> Phill

Phill,
       I want to switch to the the OzTivo http://www.tvguide.org.au/
utilizing the their recommended tv_grab_au_reg script.  I have already
downloaded the scrip & setup a config file as per instructions.  I have
done a test download of the data I want to a tmp file, and I get what I
expect to see.
However, the thing I not clear about is how the tv_grab_au_req Display
name, localname  relates to the database channum. Before I go brazenly
off into mythtv-setup I want to make sure that I am not going to break
my existing database.
How exactly do I go about the next step?  When I change to
tv_grab_au_reg, can I set the localname to something that will help for
when I move to NSW and re-tune the DVB channels.

--
Ben