[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and Channel change script for Myth TV

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Sep 19 14:59:26 UTC 2006

On Sep 19, 2006, at 12:19 AM, Ramanraj Vamsi wrote:

> Hi,
> Yeah I tried 0863 and I got unknown.
> Even I tried irrecord ,but it failed for me.
> I will try building homebrew serial port IR transmitter and hope it
> may work.
> Or else ar brain suggested I have to go for "smart" blaster.
> Thanks for your information regarding and any further suggestions
> are welcome regarding this topic!

No reason a dumb blaster won't work, just takes some time to get
going. The ones driven directly by the serial port also have pretty
limited range if that's a factor to you.

Whether to go with the smart blaster pretty much depends on whether
you have more money or time to spare.

BTW - I appreciate the compliment, but you transposed the 'a' and the
'i' in my name :-)