[mythtv-users] [semi-OT]Asus M2NPV-VM component output makes everything blue

Antoine Busch antoine.busch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 14:09:44 UTC 2006

On 9/18/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm running a system powered by an M2NPV-VM that has onboard component
> output (Nvidia 6150 chipset).  When I plug it into my TV with VGA
> input, the color looks great.  However, when I use component on any TV
> (my TV is a Pioneer PRO-1000HD, but it happens on others ) I get a
> blue transparent picture.  I can still see everything, it's just blue
> instead of multi-colored.

I had the same problem on that exact same motherboard. The trick is to specify

Option "TVStandard" "HD480i"

in your xorg.conf. I've put that in my Screen section but I believe
you can put it in your Device section as well. You may also want to
use "HD1080i" instead, since you seem to have an HD TV.

And no, it's not very well documented :(

Hope this helps.

Antoine