[mythtv-users] configure question on MMX enable

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Sep 19 08:31:09 UTC 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 02:50:58PM -0400, list at onnow.net wrote:
> Quoting "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
>
> > On 09/18/06 14:21, list at onnow.net wrote:
> >
> >> Quick question..
> >>
> >> When compiling myth, with the ./configure alone does MMX get enabled
> >> by default or do you have to specify that in the command?  I just used
> >> confgure with no options and want to ensure I am getting the best
> >> performance ( lowly 1Ghz celeron frontend machine )
> >>

> > Only if you specify "--enable-proc-opt".  (With a properly configured
> > build system.  If you've got a broken toolchain or your system itself is
> > broken or you're doing a cross-compile and haven't set everything up
> > properly, it's possible for MMX not to be automatically enabled even
> > with "--enable-proc-opt".)
> >

> How is the best way to check if MMX support IS compiled in after make
> and make install is complete?

Why after? If you are building yourself you get the status of MMX as
well as other information right after the configure step. And in the
build step you should see -DMMX.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net