[mythtv-users] Digitising home video with Fusion HDTV Plus

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 04:21:41 UTC 2006

On 9/18/06, Daniel Piccoli <piccoli.dan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to connect a VCR to the analog inputs of the Fusion HDTV Plus.
> Could you tell me how I can access this video using mythtv, and also how
> to record it.

Not sure on the specifics of this card, but there are varyingly
complex ways to do this from within Myth, or very simple ways to do it
outside of Myth.

With a PVR x50, for example, make sure the card is set to the right
input or tuned to the right channel and:

$cat /dev/video0 > /path/to/movie.mpeg

Then press Play on your VCR. Ctrl-C stops the capture once you're
done. Then just move the movie.mpeg to the directory that MythVideo
points to, and use Video Manager to bring it into  Myth.