[mythtv-users] Filtering conflicts

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 20:37:04 UTC 2006

I was just looking through MythWeb at my upcoming recordings.  The conflicts
always bother me.  I realize I can filter them out but that isn't quite
satifying.  The problem is that telling a "real" conflict from a not very
important one.

For example, I record various shows for my daughter.  There are more shows
than they can watch but I want them to at least have a little choice (and I
want to control the options as well).  I don't care if it misses one episode
of Jimmy Neutron (its probably on 10 times a day anyway).  But I do care if
I miss a playoff game.

How about having an option to ignore conflicts for shows where the priority
is less than zero?  It seems like that would allow people to easily divide
shows into "I care if I miss it" (positive priority) and "I don't care if I
miss it" (negative priority) which could make much of this reporting more
targeted.

So, is that a stupid idea?

--
Mike