[mythtv-users] running something on every channel change

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Mon Sep 18 18:03:26 UTC 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 11:28 am, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/16/06 14:56, Neale Pickett wrote:
> >My ASUS DigiMatrix requires, for some reason, the following command to be
> > run after every channel change:
> >
> >  amixer -c 1 sset Video,0 nocap; amixer -c 1 sset Video,0 cap
>
> What capture card/chip?

It appears to be an saa7133 "FlyTV mini Asus Digimatrix".  At least, that's
what Linux auto-detected and tvtime works great.

It makes second /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer entries (so, /dev/dsp1
and /dev/mixer1) which are the ones I am twiddling.  I don't recall ever
telling myth about them.  But I'll twiddle around with it.

> >Basically, I have to turn off capturing and then turn it back on, on a
> >particular mixer control of ALSA card #2.  I don't know why.
>
> Might want to check out mythtv-setup's setting (for the capture card):
>
> Do not adjust volume

That looks like a good lead, as does:

> Or
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2238
>
> Or
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/224265#224265

These could very well be it; same video card.

I'll report back with findings.  Thanks for the pointers.

Neale