[mythtv-users] MythArchive: Use cutpoints as chapter markers?

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Sep 18 05:34:22 UTC 2006

On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 02:21:59PM -0400, Kevin Slater wrote:
> I don't know how difficult this would be, but I tape a lot of movies from
> sources that have no commercials. It would be awesome if it were possible to go
> in an put in a single frame cut point and have that be used for the chapter
> marker. This would allow you to control the chapters much better.

One problem you'd have with that is that Myth's commercial editor
doesn't want to let you put cut points too close together.  If you
select "delete after this frame," and then move forward a frame and
hit enter, the menu will allow you to delete the cut point you just
placed, or move the cut point to the new position, but it won't let
you "delete before this frame."

I've found you can do it, though, but putting the first cut point way
too early (I think 30 seconds or so is about right), then move forward
say 10 seconds, hit enter, and choose the "move cut point to this
position" menu item.  Keep doing this until you get it where you want
it.  I found that 1) I couldn't just move it where I wanted in one go,
as it would tend to move the other cut point; and 2) it works better
to put the end cut point where you want and slide the start cut point
into place than the opposite.

This is all under 0.19-fixes; perhaps 0.20's edit menu includes an
item to "delete before this frame even though it's pretty close to
another cut point."

--
Peter Schachte              Find a job you love, and you will never have to
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        work a day in your life.