[mythtv-users] tivo as a glorified tuner

Karl Grindley karl at grindleyfamily.com
Mon Sep 18 01:04:11 UTC 2006

I was thinking along the lines:
-slap a 10/100 usb network adapter on the back
-have mythtv connect over IP
-mythbackend manually queue, and either stream, or rip off the program
over the network after it's recorded back to the masterbackend server
video repo  (or simply store them for playback directly from other
mythfrontnends)

not looking to use it as a frontend.

This would give me 2 more network accessible encoders.  Not to mention,
you don't need to mess with drivers each kernel upgrade, etc.

I'm specifically interested in using a DirecTV dual tuner tivo.  but
seeing i also have a series I that i don't have a use for, that could
also be an encoder too.. but i think that may be going overboard.

Karl