[mythtv-users] MythArchive Aspect Ratio problem?

Simon Dyson sdyson at themaelstrom.co.uk
Sun Sep 17 21:35:19 UTC 2006

I'm using MythArchive for the first time and it seems to work pretty
well apart from a problem with aspect ratios. I have a film recorded
from TV that has a ratio of 16:9 when played through MythTV but if I use
MythArchive to burn it to DVD it comes out in 4:3. This is only a minor
problem if I play the DVD through Myth because I can alter the aspect
ratio during playback but on my standalone DVD player I don't have this
option. I don't know much about how aspect ratios work with DVDs so I
have no idea if this is a bug with MythArchive or whether I've done
something wrong. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Simon