[mythtv-users] NVidia/1080i Xv Zoom Distortion

Mark Buechler mark.buechler at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 16:58:26 UTC 2006

I have an HDTV and my X resolution i set to 1080i. When I some TV to get rid
of black borders (16x9 video put within a 4x3 for instance) I get
garbage/distortion at the bottom of the screen. This is something I've been
bothered with ever since I purchased my HDTV and have started using 1080i.
I've seen this with every NVidia driver version I've used as well as XFree86
and Xorg versions of X.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have any idea if this is correctable?

Thanks, Mark.