[mythtv-users] mythvideo and NFS

Tony Di Bona dibona at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 13:52:43 UTC 2006

Hi Group:

My mythTV setup has a backend server with two tuner card and a frontend
player. I have configured mythvideo to use xine, which accesses the video
files from a mounted NFS store.

Network throughput appears to be about 60Mbps (using cp a 5GB transfer takes
11 minutes), however xine has the occasional random split second pause in
playback when watching a video.

I presume the issue is network related an am hoping that there is a buffer
setting in either mythvideo or xine which would allow me to avoid these
occasional playback pauses.

I realize the number of variables is large (PCI interrupts on both ends,
ethernet interface, routers) but I would appreciate any guidance on how to
address the playback pause over a NFS network.

Tony.